New technologies and growing expectations are changing the job of CFOs like never before. An article in Forbes put the matter like this: “Perhaps chief technology evangelizer, chief strategic engineer or chief operations partner should share the billing with the finance title. CFOs today are expected to fill all of these roles.”
To be more strategic and a champion of growth, CFOs need to embrace technology in all its forms. Deloitte research indicates seven technologies that “have growing interaction and relevance for how the work of finance gets done:”
“Together, [these technologies] form a toolset finance can use to improve its own performance and serve the business more effectively, especially when they are used together,” according to Deloitte.
Elevating finance to the cloud
In particular, tech-savvy CFOs are looking to the cloud to expedite financial accounting tasks and get the insights they need to grow their business. Cloud-based financial management solutions such as Sage Intacct are essential to progressive CFOs for several reasons:
Kevin Craig, managing director at Concur Canada, summed up the benefits of cloud technology this way: “Ultimately, cloud-based solutions are the key to allowing CFOs to take on the evolving role they are expected to fill. With emerging technologies and increased automation helping to remove much of the mechanical burden placed on a CFO, these business leaders are free to concentrate on adding value in the form of creative innovation and strategic direction to continue moving their business forward.”
Grow your company and your role with Leaf Software Solutions
Technology in and of itself has little value without the right partner. That’s why you can trust the professionals at Leaf Software Solutions to select and implement a business technology solution for your organization—one that helps you meet current needs and provides a platform for growth.
Contact us today and let us know how we can help.
Businessman Simon Mainwaring once said, “The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability.” Transparency and accountability, in particular, are essential to a nonprofit achieving mission success.
How to show accountability and transparency
The willingness to be accountable and transparent about your nonprofit — especially finances — creates an environment of trust that encourages donations. Financial transparency and accountability are also essential for legal compliance.
Nonprofits face significant challenges as a result of thin staffing, tight budgets, primitive financial management tools (e.g., spreadsheets), and far-flung management teams. Financial transparency may seem almost impossible.
Fortunately, there’s cloud-based fund accounting software from Sage Intacct. Now you can create greater levels of transparency across every dimension of your organization and get real-time visibility into your organization’s financial health. Key stakeholders like the Board of Directors have instant, actionable insight to make smart decisions about your nonprofit’s future.
Let Leaf Software Solutions guide you to greater financial transparency and accountability. By focusing on your business needs first, so we can design a solution that scales as your nonprofit grows. Call us at 317-814-8000, or email us to get started today.
Leaf earns Bob Scott's Top 100 VARS 2018 recognition
With Sage Intacct, you can more easily create reports, graphs, dashboards, and visualizations that analyze performance by business driver. When you use dimensions to tag transactions and store financial or operational data along with its business context, you’ll fundamentally improve your reporting—and get fast answers to your business questions.
Sage Intacct includes 10 built-in dimensions for capturing and reporting on business context, including department, item, and employee. You can also create additional custom dimensions to track other business drivers.
Get the rich reports you need—the way you want them
Create reports that go deeper by drawing on your combined financial and operational data. What’s more, you can drill down to source transactions for immediate, granular details or easily view consolidated reports without waiting for period-end. With Sage Intacct, you can do it all without exporting data to a spreadsheet, writing custom scripts, or waiting on someone to customize reports.
Take advantage of more than 150 pre-built accounting and financial reports—or build and customize your own reports right from within Sage Intacct. With flexible scheduling and delivery options, like email and cloud, you can get reports when you need them, where you need them.
Make it easy for stakeholders to get the insights they need
Display real-time reports, metrics, and insights tuned to the needs and perspectives of all stakeholders—in finance, sales, operations, and the boardroom—wherever and whenever they need them. Dashboards provide at-a-glance views of what matters most: cash balances, project profitability, deferred revenues, revenue per square foot—practically any ratio or metric you need.
Plus, data visualization features let you easily flag important trends, display critical comparisons, highlight missed or hit targets, and more. Skip the hassle of exporting data to a spreadsheet or presentation program and emailing it; instead, just build a dashboard once, then let Sage Intacct update it for you in real time.
Elevate your success with Leaf Software Solutions
Sage Intacct unlocks valuable insights that help you plan smarter and lead with confidence. And Leaf Software Solutions offers a proven yet flexible framework for successfully implementing business cloud applications like Sage Intacct, so you can focus on your business and not on technology.
Ready to set your sights on success? Contact us today!
Today, it takes a tech-savvy CFO—someone who understands and embraces the promise and power of technology—to navigate this exciting but sometimes uncertain future. A tech-savvy CFO seeks to modernize and transform the company’s business systems (and IT infrastructure) to boost staff productivity and give the company flexibility for the future. Even if you are in the process of becoming tech savvy, in today’s landscape, an effective CFO must have knowledge of how technology will positively impact your company.
Here are five ways the tech-savvy CFO uses technology to get ahead and stay ahead.
1. Embrace automation. Technology powers the new tools and processes you need to transform your organization, while keeping pace with rapid growth. As you put that technology to work, you will see the results in your company’s performance. For example, you can add financial controls that ensure compliance and auditability. Automation enables rock-solid accounting and bullet-proof record-keeping—allowing your company to move faster, without fear.
2. Gain visibility. Where can you accelerate your business? How can you eliminate risk? Are you seeing your data in real-time? The sooner you know, the faster you can act on the really big opportunities in front of your business. To truly understand the nature of your business, you need to leverage a single source of truth. Your teams become empowered to dig deeper, and you can move faster toward bigger growth.
3. Look to the cloud. It’s time to invigorate your organization with the cost efficiencies and freedom of the cloud. After all, the safe bet of on-premises systems has become a bust. Slow innovation delivery and nightmare implementation cycles have shown there is just no future in the old way of doing things. Today’s cloud solutions, such as Sage Intacct’s best-in-class financial management software, deliver greater productivity, lower TCO, and better security.
4. Empower the next level of growth with agility. Top-performing organizations must constantly evaluate operations to make the right strategic investments. You need the flexibility to address the shifts in your business as they occur. The decisions you make today will become the competitive advantages of tomorrow.
5. Collaborate with confidence across your entire company. Departmental silos suppress collaboration and productivity. And that challenge compounds as your business grows. Why stay constrained by the old ways of isolated decision-making and missed information, when you can achieve your best results by working together? The tech-savvy CFO uses technology to streamline processes and leverage the power of the team.
Tech-savvy CFOs know and understand the power of harnessing technology to quickly grow their business. They also know that the details of implementing a transformative solution are best left to the experts. Leaf Software Solutions combines more than 30 years of software application development with the latest technology to create a custom solution that can accelerate your company’s growth.
You can’t afford to be left behind. Contact us today to start your journey to becoming the tech-savvy CFO your company’s future demands.
Amazon Web Services
Best Companies Group
Best Places To Work
Chamber Of Commerce
Chief Financial Officer
Cloud Financial Software
Doc Date Verify
Dynamics 365 Apps
Indiana State Museum
Internet Of Things
Joseph Graves Associates
LCD Welcome Screen
Microsoft Dyanmics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Visual Basic
Migrating Cloud Applications
Mobility & Security
Not For Profit
Off The Circle
Professional Services Tools Library
Project Service Automation
Python Tornado Web Framework
Repetitive Stress Injuries
Single-Page App Framework
Traditional Vs Machine Learning
Unit Test Fixtures